Accessibility Declaration Pertaining to the Tel Aviv Tourism Website
The Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality attaches utmost importance to making services accessible to persons with disabilities.
Wherever needed, accessibility-related adjustments have been incorporated in the Municipality's website, in compliance with the Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities Act (Service Accessibility Adjustments) 5773-2013, Israeli Standard 5568 – Website Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities, and W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level AA.
A partial list of the website adjustments that have been made appears below:
An accessibility menu that enables users to directly access different sections on the page:
• Main content
• Main menu
• Site search
Furthermore, the accessibility menu makes it possible to change the color contrast on the website for the benefit of persons who have a vision impairment. Changing the contrast also highlights all the links on the page by underlining them. You can choose between:
• High contrast colors
• Low contrast colors
• Regular (default site colors)
Adjustments for keyboard users
All actions on the website can be performed using a keyboard in the following manner: clicking on the Tab key takes users to the next link, and clicking on the Enter key opens the link. Clicking on Shift-Tab takes users to the previous link.
Adjustments for persons with a vision impairment
• Most of the colors used on the website are high contrast, which improves their readability for persons with a vision impairment. The accessibility menu can also be used to change the color contrast.
• The display size can be enlarged or reduced using the browser's Zoom option. Clicking simultaneously on the Ctrl and Plus (+) keys will enlarge the display size in Windows, and clicking on the Option-Command-Plus Sign (+) will do so in MacOS (click a number of times to reach the desired display size).
• The display size can be reduced by clicking simultaneously on the Ctrl and Minus (-) keys in Windows, and on the Option-Command-Minus Sign in MacOS.
Adjustments for blind users using screen reader software
The website is customized for people who use screen reader software:
• Text alternatives to images
• All the website pages have the following landmarks: banner, navigation, main, complementary
• ARIA is used to enhance the screen reader's interpretation capability
The Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality continues to maintain the accessibility of the website and of the new services and content that are uploaded on it. If you encounter a problem or have a comment or question, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a link to the page to which your inquiry refers as well as your contact information.
Chief Accessibility Officer at the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality: Mr. Avraham Peretz